BUILDING RULES CHECKLIST FOR INFORMATION
- A copy of the certificate of Housing Indemnity Insurance in relation to the building work (Required where value of work exceeds $12,000 and a building contract is in place prior to application or if the owner is a licensed builder). NOTE: NOT REQUIRED FOR HOUSING SA JOBS
- Evidence of payment of the Construction Industry Training Levy. (Applies where estimated value of construction work exceeds $40,000. Payable via direct debit at www.CITB.org.au or by forwarding to BuildSurv a completed Levy Form and a separate cheque made out to the CITB)
- A copy of the Planning Consent (where applicable) and any conditions of consent including a copy of the plans stamped with ‘Provisional Development Plan Consent’.
PLANS AND DETAILS:
Two (2) complete sets of documents (plans, drawings, specifications etc) including:
- Architectural plans and elevations including dimensions, construction materials, door and window details, masonry control joint locations and smoke alarm locations.
- Building specification (materials and workmanship eg; standard HIA, MBA, BDA spec) and Schedule (if applicable).
- Footing Construction Report and Foundation Soil Assessment.
- Framing plans including wind speed assessment, bracing and tie down provisions, roof and wall framing members.
- Roof truss computations (where applicable) and supporting documentation in accordance with “Guide to Safer Roof Framing” (available at www.sa.gov.au) including a layout indicating the truss types (numbered) all signed by trained software operator.
- Energy Efficiency Report with construction details/supporting documentation (6 star Rating from NatHERS, First Rate or other accredited software - NOTE: 5 star only for Transportable Dwellings).
- Other details as required such as if the building is in a Bushfire Zone or, if you are adding a swimming pool (we can advise you on what is needed).